Sunday, November 26, 2006

The Zebra Project

Anyone who knows or believes that a friend or loved one who was murdered in California between 1970 and 1974, was a victim of the Nation of Islam’s (NOI’s) “death angels” assassins, please contact me. I am seeking to record and remember all of the NOI’s victims, estimated variously at from 71 to “just under 270” whites. With the passage of time, and the passing of some of those who worked the case, or who held onto crucial memories or information, remembering the victims becomes more arduous, but no less a sacred duty. If you have any information, please contact me at Add1dda(at)aol.com.

On October 20, the tenth annual Zebra Victims Memorial Service was held from 12 noon to 1 p.m. on the plaza-side steps of San Francisco City Hall. Some 30 mourners reportedly attended the service. The organizer of the service, retired SFPD Lt. Louis Calabro, has started a petition drive to ask Mayor Gavin Newsom to erect a permanent memorial to the NOI victims. Louis Calabro can be reached at (650) 312-8284.

Although the NOI murdered whites in San Francisco prior to October 20, 1973, that date, on which Quita Hague was murdered, remains the official date of the first San Francisco NOI murder. Only very recently has the brother of victim Stephen M. Conachy, provided me with information persuading me that Stephen Conachy was murdered in the same manner associated with the Zebra Murders (though not in the manner of the Hague killing) on August 3, 1973, over two-and-a-half months earlier than Quita Hague. (The NOI murdered an indeterminate number of whites outside of San Francisco both before and concurrent with the “Zebra Murders.” And if Conachy was the first NOI murder in San Francisco, one must wonder whether the NOI murdered more white victims in the city by the bay, between August 3 and October 20, 1973.

Nicholas Stix

8 Comments:

Blogger Richard Winston said...

You did a great and important thing by putting all this info together. As an intern at the SF Public Defender's Office in 1975 I often sat in on the trial to observe Judge Karesh, the defendants and prosecutors. I kept a journal which I am going to use as the basis for an article I plan to write for Helium.com in the next few days. I also have blog here called Stones From Other Mountains. What got me thinking about the case was the film Zodiac. The Zebra case, w/ the hindsight of 30+ years seems much more important, relevant and socially explosive than that tale of a lone serial killer, but maybe containing too many still hot buttons for Hollywood to tackle.

Richard Winston

Saturday, March 31, 2007 at 7:28:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can not say it enough.

So glad you are around.

Please, keep up the good work.

We need you.

Sunday, December 9, 2007 at 5:44:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Stix:

Im glad that your work on the "Zebra Killings" is on the net; I was feeling that no one remembered what occured in those days and at whose hands other than me. If you are ever in LA and need someone to watch your back, I have some experience at that kind of work.
"du Lac"

Monday, December 28, 2009 at 4:22:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember reading the book 'Zebra' and the way it made me feel. I still feel the same whenever i look back into this absolutely incredible,terrifying, truth because i have yet to find another who knows about it. I always get a "that didn't happen" or "that's not true, it can't be" or "I would've read something" type response when i attempt to discuss the Zebra murders. Too few Know. Don't let it go away until everyone knows. Even today people say stuff like "let the past remain the past", but how can we when nobody knows what happened? Why doesn't anyone know? Why doesn't anyone care? How can a human being deny something like this and yet believe that a crazy scientist invented other humans? What about the killers? What have they to say now about what they did? Anything at all? Who was the leader who planted those lies anyway? Has anyone ever asked? Sorry but i do have a lot of questions because i am and get very angry about stuff like this. 9 men, 5 women, 4 children!!?? And yet people still stood by them? I could understand a parent, but other women with their children? This must be known by as many as possible to avoid it ever happening again if it is not still happening. Who can say? Don't know about this, why or how could they connect another murder etc...??? Everyone knows about bundy and manson(no caps cause they don't deserve capped names), but these freaks killed so many! I hope the movie that is supposed to be coming out help open folks eyes to what actually happened enough so they might look into it themselves. I hope this site and every other site out there dealing with this story stays around until the story is known as well as any other terrible story. Keep it up and post if there is anything us readers and watchers can do etc..

Sunday, June 20, 2010 at 10:32:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's another case for you.

http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/45a/108.html

This case occurred in the city where I lived and worked and sure seems to fit the overall purposes

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 at 9:31:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have talked in the past about my brother, it just amazes me the brick wall I have hit to get my brother, the other young man listed, and the case reopened (with the new DNA technology who knows what they may find). The SF inspectors are retired now. Memories going. However, they were of great help, letting me know what went on during the investigation. I wish I could say the same for the cold case inspector at SF today, he can't even find my brother's case file. People have no idea how deep or big this was. As one old inspector warned me "They are still out there." Keep up the great work.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 9:36:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone needs to make a connection between the Zebra Killings in California to the Zebra Killings in Oklahoma.

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 at 11:12:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Nicholas said...

I already did, almost five years ago.

http://thezebraproject.blogspot.com/2012/01/oklahoma-city-nation-of-islam-murders.html

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 1:26:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home